NAWLA Scholarship program
Scholarships are awarded to students planning to attend a higher-education institution (post high school) in the fall of 2019. Any career field or major is eligible. Scholarship recipients are selected based on school and community involvement, academic performance and educational goals. Scholarships are a one-time award of $2,500 USD each, but applicants may re-apply annually.
The deadline to submit an application for a NAWLA 2019 Scholarship has closed.
Applicants must be a full- or part-time employee of a current NAWLA member company in good standing, OR a child whose parent/legal guardian works full- or part-time at a current NAWLA member company.
Grandchildren of NAWLA member company employees are not eligible. Children or grandchildren of NAWLA employees or board members are not eligible.
How to Apply
- Complete the online application.
- Obtain a copy of your high school or college transcript and save it as a PDF, using the following naming convention for the filename: Firstname-Lastname-Transcript.pdf (for example: Sam-Smith-Transcript.pdf). Unofficial photocopies of your transcript are acceptable.
- Submit an essay that describes your future career goals.
- Write an essay, no more than 500 words, discussing the following:
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Save your essay as a PDF, using the following naming convention for the filename: Firstname-Lastname-Essay.pdf (for example: Sam-Smith-Essay.pdf).
- Fill out the online NAWLA Scholarship Application form and attach your PDF files.
- Essay – Measured by content and message
- Leadership Experience – Measured by positions held in student government, civic, and church groups
- Extracurricular Activities – Measured by participation in sports, music, school, and community organizations as well as work experience
- Academic Achievement – Measured by grades and transcripts
If you have any questions about our scholarship program, please contact email@example.com.