NAWLA Sales Advantage
A Forest Products Trading Seminar
October 16 | San Antonio, TX
Jump-start your Traders Market experience by attending this one-day pre-conference sales seminar. Whether you’re a first-time attendee or an industry vet, you’ll benefit from this workshop that will help you sharpen your sales skills and close more deals. Industry-leading speakers will help you gain new insights, network with fellow traders, and leave ready to put your learnings to the test on the tradeshow floor.
This workshop is limited to 40 participants, providing an ideal atmosphere for learning.
How to Change Minds in the Lumber Industry - The Art of Influence Without Manipulation
Surely you know plenty of customers who need to make a change, but despite your most well-intentioned efforts, they resist. Why? Because people fundamentally fear change, and Rob Jolles knows this scenario all too well. Drawing on his highly successful sales background, and decades of research across industries he lays out a simple, repeatable, predictable, and ethical process that will enable you to lead others to discover for themselves what and why they need to change.
This workshop will:
- Teach you how to adjust tactics away from a “vendor driven - order taking approach,” and towards a “problem solving/consultative approach.”
- Explore how lumber buyers make decisions, including the three critical decision points they face, and a buyer centered approach to working within these decision points.
- Demonstrate a repeatable, predictable process for establishing trust and creating urgency for your buyer.
- Equip you to skillfully handle objections and close intelligently.
- Learn how to move others from thinking about taking action – to execution.
Throughout the workshop, participants will:
- Examine interactive case studies to discover more about personal selling styles.
- Participate in multiple small group activities to improve probing techniques.
- Take part in Mental Agility® exercises to speed up participant’s thought process when speaking with customers.
Rob Jolles | Sales and Training Expert, Best-selling Author
A sought-after speaker and best-selling author, Rob Jolles teaches, entertains, and inspires audiences worldwide.
Rob not only successfully sold for both the New York Life Insurance Company and Xerox Corporation, two of the most respected sales institutions in the nation; he managed their training as well. He co-created the Xerox Institute of Customer Education and was instrumental in creating, delivering, and managing Xerox Corporation’s highly touted customer sales training programs and was responsible for the training of all sales trainers within Xerox for over seven years. These programs, along with his staff of former Xerox Sales Trainers, have allowed him to amass a client list that reads like a Who’s Who of Fortune 500 companies, including Toyota, Disney, NASA, Nortel, a dozen universities, and over 50 financial institutions.