Executive Management Institute
October 24-29, 2021 | Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management | Chicago, IL
Executive Management Institute (EMI) is a rigorous immersive educational experience designed for new and current senior leaders in the forest products industry. Held in conjunction with one of the world's top-ranked business schools, the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University, the program offers participants a unique opportunity to master and integrate tools and frameworks for leading their organizations in a business environment that is constantly evolving. Additionally, participants will expand and strengthen their professional network within the forest products industry.
This small, intimate course is designed for participants to have a personalized, immersive educational experience. Over the course of five days, participants will explore case vignettes, participate in interactive lectures, share their personal stories and experiences, engage in dynamic readings, network with fellow industry executives, collaborate in small group exercises, and connect the dots through guided reflections.
The program is organized around five themes:
At the conclusion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Construct a theory of personal leadership within their professional context
- Assess their current leadership strengths and weaknesses
- Formulate and execute a personal plan to maximize leadership strengths and minimize weaknesses
- Recognize and implement best practices in team leadership
- Evaluate their own growth as leaders by employing active reflection
- Integrate concepts learned in the program into their professional context
- Develop rewarding relationships with cohort of peers they can turn to for the rest of their careers
What Others Have to Say
"More than 20 years ago, I had the good fortune to attend EMI. The binder from that 1997 course – and the insight I gained – have accompanied me throughout my career and served as a reference many times since. In addition to the highly valuable and relevant education I received, I established relationships with 20 classmates who remain not only friends but invaluable resources I can reach out to whenever I have a problem or a question." - Tom Le Vere, President & Shareholder, Weekes Forest Products, 2020 NAWLA Chair