Terms and Conditions
NAWLA reserves the right to change, amend, add or remove any of the Terms & Conditions at its sole discretion and without prior notice. If one or more of the conditions outlined in these Terms & Conditions should become invalid, the remaining will continue to be valid and apply. These Terms & Conditions apply to all event participants (attendees, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors).
The views expressed by any attendee, speaker, exhibitor or sponsor are not necessarily those of NAWLA. All attendees, speakers, exhibitors and sponsors are solely responsible for the content of all individual or corporate presentations, marketing collateral and/or advertising.
Code of Conduct
We are committed to creating a safe, productive and welcoming environment that is inclusive and free from discrimination, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other protected categories under applicable law.
All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, NAWLA staff members, service providers and all others must abide by the following policy:
- Be considerate of those around you.
- Be respectful of others and their viewpoints, which may be different from your own.
- Be collaborative with others.
- Be mindful of your words and actions.
Unacceptable behaviors may include, but are not limited to:
- Offensive or unwanted behavior or language including, but not limited to, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other similar categories.
- Visual harassment, such as sexual images OR sexual language at Traders Market or Sales Advantage, including in presentations and slide decks.
- Sexual harassment of any kind, such as unwelcome sexual advances or words/actions of a sexual nature.
- Wearing attire that includes harmful or offensive language or imagery that is not appropriate for a professional setting.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions or at other events organized by NAWLA throughout Traders Market or Sales Advantage.
- Copying or taking screenshots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
- Abusive action directed at an individual, such as threats, intimidation, or bullying, both online and/or in-person.
- Sharing your Traders Market or Sales Advantage registration or making event content available to another person.
- Possession of a weapon or something that could be construed as a weapon both online and/or in-person.
- Possession or mention of illegal substances both online and/or in-person.
- Inappropriate comments or stalking of fellow attendees.
- Nudity is prohibited.
- Any other illegal activity not already covered above.
NAWLA has zero tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you are the subject of, or witness to any violations, you can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated and could result in debarment from current, and/or any future NAWLA events. If a participant is found or reasonably believed to be engaging in unacceptable behavior, NAWLA may take any action it deems appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the Traders Market or Sales Advantage without warning or refund. If appropriate, local law enforcement may get involved.
Cancellation By nawla
If any circumstances or event beyond the control of NAWLA make it impracticable or impossible to hold Traders Market or Sales Advantage and cause the event to be cancelled, shortened, delayed, dates changed or otherwise altered, NAWLA agrees to refund any portion of the registration fee for which NAWLA is reimbursed by insurance or other third party and shall not be liable for any other refund or payment arising from the cancellation or for other liability or damages arising from the event.
If for any reason beyond NAWLA’s control NAWLA determines that Traders Market or Sales Advantage must be cancelled, shortened, delayed, dates changed, or otherwise altered or changed, Exhibitor understands and agrees that NAWLA shall not refund the rental fees paid to it by Exhibitor and that all losses and damages that it may suffer as a consequence thereof are its responsibility and not that of NAWLA or its directors, officers, employees, agents or subcontractors.
CANCELLATION BY Individual
NAWLA acknowledges that travel plans and restrictions are uncertain, and so we modified our cancellation policy this year to allow additional flexibility for registered participants who are unable to attend the event. NAWLA guarantees a no-risk cancellation for your attendance and/or exhibit fees. We ask that you notify NAWLA via email (email@example.com) no later than 12:00 p.m. Central, Friday, November 5, if you can no longer attend the 2021 Traders Market. Your registration fees will be transferred to the 2022 event without penalty. Any hotel reservations must be cancelled directly with the hotel. NAWLA is not responsible for your hotel costs or any other travel arrangements.
Note: Any exhibitor who submitted service orders and payments with any of the approved vendors in the 2021 Traders Market service kit will need to work directly with those vendors.
Liability waiver & release
In consideration of being allowed to register for, and participate in Traders Market or Sales Advantage, you hereby warrant and represent that you are age 18 or above and freely waive, release from liability, assume all risks, and covenant not to sue NAWLA or its members, employees, board members, agents or volunteers for any expense, loss, damage, personal injury, including loss of life, illness, disability, property damage or property theft or actions of any kind that you may hereafter suffer or sustain before, during or after the event, unless said expense, loss, damage, personal injury, including loss of life, illness, disability, property damage or property theft or actions of any kind is caused by the sole, gross negligence of NAWLA. You must be age 21 or older to attend social events where alcohol is served unless a parent is present. This Liability Waiver & Release is specifically binding upon your heirs and assigns and is knowingly given.
On occasion you may be photographed, video-taped, audio-taped, or have screenshots taken in connection with Traders Market or Sales Advantage activities. As a participant of Traders Market or Sales Advantage, you agree that NAWLA is the sole owner of all rights in and to the resulting photographs, video footage and recordings, for all purposes related to NAWLA's business (both now and in the future). Your name and likeness may be used by NAWLA in advertising and promotional materials. Participants shall receive no compensation or royalties for appearance in any materials.
As part of your registration of Traders Market or Sales Advantage, NAWLA will share the data you provide NAWLA with third-party vendors in order to process your registration, to make you aware of goods and services you may be interested in, to perform analytics on behalf of NAWLA, in connection with Traders Market or Sales Advantage and for such other purposes as NAWLA may approve from time to time.