Schedule of Events
Tuesday, October 27
State of the Industry and Keynote Presentation
Join your colleagues for round-table discussions on relevant industry topics. This is your opportunity to have an open dialogue and get your questions answered! You will be able to select from three different topics:
- Crisis Management (discussion led by Clark Spitzer)
- Transportation (discussion led by Bill Price)
- Credit in the Current Economy (discussion led by Brandon Desyatnik)
- Management: Outlook for the North American Wood Products Market: An Assessment of the Short- and Long-Term Impacts of COVID-19, Sponsored by Pennsylvania Lumbermens Mutual Insurance Company
- Sales and Marketing: One Hammer, No Nails
- Wood Basics: Intro to Forestry
Wednesday, October 28
- Management: Leading a Successful Remote Team Panel Discussion
- Sales and Marketing: Marketing Your Brand - Not Your Product
- Wood Basics: Engineered Wood Products
Sponsored by: Blue Book Services
Presented by: Mark Erickson, Sr. Vice President and Trent Johnson, Lumber Team Leader of Blue Book Services
Learn how industry professionals are using Lumber Blue Book to find and qualify new accounts. Lumber Blue Book is a real-time database of lumber buyers and sellers that sales professionals use for lead generation. Credit professionals also use Lumber Blue Book’s industry-specific credit ratings, scores and reports to help lower credit risk.
Presented by: Colin Barker, Director Softwood Lumber, Global Affairs Canada
Join Colin Barker for a dynamic presentation on the past, present and future of softwood lumber trade between Canada and the United States.
We know there is no replacing in-person networking receptions where you can mingle around the room, so we're bringing you the next best thing – speed networking! You will have the opportunity to talk to your peers for five minutes each, allowing you to chat with up to eight people. This will be a great chance to connect with old friends and make new connections in a different but fun way!
Thursday, October 29
- Management: Crisis Management
- Sales and Marketing: Selling in a Digital World
- Wood Basics: Current Industry Issues Green Building & Chain of Custody
Liked what you learned in one of the breakout sessions? Speakers will be available for 30 minutes after the final education sessions to answer your questions in a live Q&A chat room. Join in for the opportunity to network with your peers and engage in small group discussions on specific topics. The following speakers will be in attendance to answer your questions:
- Management: Natalie Heacock, CPA, MBA; David Cox; Lisa Richie; Dustin Jalbert
- Sales and Marketing: Tom Foerstel; James Olsen; Michael Goodman
- Wood Basics: Henry Quesada, Ph. D.
Although we can’t get together in Columbus this year, we are looking forward to Traders Market in 2021 in Louisville, Kentucky! Our friends from Louisville and Evan Williams Bourbon Experience will demonstrate how to make the best Old Fashioned (something Louisville is famous for). You won’t want to miss this!
Executive Panel and Closing Remarks
Featuring Don Kayne, CEO, Canfor Corporation and Canfor Pulp; Craig Johnston, President and CEO, Forest City Trading Group; Grady Mulbery, President and CEO, Roseburg; Jim Enright, CEO Pacific Woodtech; Matthew J. Missad, CEO, UFP Industries
*All sessions subject to change.